The Ludecke company was founded in 1930 by Emile Georg Ludecke, in Leipzig, Germany. Ludecke created the claw coupling system for compressed air which interlocks couplings through a simple 45° turn and is used universally today. The factories were totally destroyed during the Second World War so were relocated to Amberg where the company rapidly expanded its factory several times to include 6 new buildings from where it still exports from today. Ludecke split in 1995 to form Ludecke Armaturen GmbH which is the focus of the business today.

As well as the famous claw couplings, Ludecke produces valves, hose reels and clamps, pneumatic fittings, as well as mortar, sandblast and industrial fittings for a complete range of sectors and industries.